Monday, November 29, 2010

Declaration

Don’t know how it got started.
But somehow I returned from all my recent trips with questions about marriage.
From friends around me.
“So did he pop the question? When are u getting married?” And then they will go into the “marriage sales talk”.
So much so that this is bothering me. Very much.

Me is no like hard sell tactic.
So pressuring me to get married does not work for me.
Especially by emphasizing that biologically our age is tick tok-ing away.
40 years old cannot be a groom? 30 years old cannot be a bride?
I don’t need the marriage cert for a sense of security.
I am happy with our current status quo.
I am just not ready to make changes.

So dear friends don’t ask me about this again.
By repeatly propping this topic only serves to turn me off.
That’s not helpful to him.

I will announce if there is going to be any changes to my status someday oneday.
Period.

p.s.: this is not a declaration that i do not want to get married to him.
so do not be alarmed.

No comments: