
After watching the censored version of Lee Ann's new film, Lust, Caution which is adapted from a short story by 张爱玲. The deepest impression that this show left in my mind is the excellent acting skill by Lee Ann's newfound actress, Tang Wei, who's performance left me hooked throughout the show.
I do like this show & 影帝 Tony Leung's acting is still superb as usual, but I'm only willing to give it 3.5/5 stars. Reason being that, I didn't get to see Tony in nude (fyi the most u get to see is his shoulder & sweaty face) & i personally find that Lee Hom is not very convincing for his role. It's juz strange to see an ABC wearing "ZhongShan costume" & speaking mandarin which carries an ang moh accent given that the story line happened during World War 2 in 1940s.
I guess when u'r having such illicit affair while your country is at turmoil & war, there is a need to balance between (色) Lust & (戒) Caution. Juz like when you 爱上不该爱的人, you will need to exercise balance of your Love with Caution.
No comments:
Post a Comment